Tuesday 1 November 2011

So Thoughtful... and BLING

It's no secret... I love bling on cards. I am drawn to sparkly things. I am a magpie. :)
So here's the card I have shared today over at Hero Arts.  The month's contest themes have been announced, and one of the themes is bling.  So I went crazy with the gems. :)
DSC_0006_5_2_2
The tree is from the Xmas Swirls Digikit, and the background is made using the Flourish Background kit - I just altered it to sepia, made it smaller and copied and pasted it 6 times.  Love playing with digi... :)
The sentiment is stamped - it's from the Very Merry Christmas stamp set. The lovely patterned paper is from Studio Calico's Autumn Press 6 x 6 Pad, and the bling is from Hero Arts of course. :)  More card details HERE.
DSC_0001_5_2_2
And, of course, being Tuesday means it's digikit release day too!  Check out the FAB releases HERE... there are three this week: People and Cars, Formes and Lettres and Ode to Steampunk.
Here's a card I made using the Ode to Steampunk digikit.
DSC_0008_2
This fab Etched Medallion stamp is included as one of the stamps in the kit.  I printed it onto some pale yellow card, then inked the edges with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  The background was created by printing a script stamp from the Formes and Lettres digikit onto some really old My Mind's Eye kraft patterned paper I've had lying round for ages. This is a fun way to use up any left over paper scraps.  I added a sentiment from the Say It (In pieces) kit.
Back tomorrow with more. Hope to see you then.
Supplies
Merry Christmas Card

14 comments:

AGohl said...

Gorgeous cards!!!! Love the bling on the first one!

Dotty Jo said...

Two fabulous cards, jo x

Cheryl said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE the blingy tree.

Marisa said...

You have decorated your tree fabulously! Gorgeous. Love the flower on the second one.

Virginia L. said...

I always like your cards with blings as they are just the right amount and colors! PERFECT every time! The 2nd card is gorgeous with the layering of the petals! I am thinking of BABY...are you? SO exciting!! Take good care!

SuiLan said...

These cards are lovely! I can't get over how gorgeous your Christmas card is!

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards! LOVE the bling Xmas tree!

Eveline said...

That Christmas card is gorgeous. I love the bling.
And I like the color of the second card, fabulous medaillon.
Eveline.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love each and everyone of your cards!!
TFS~

Debbie said...

Beautiful cards...Love the bling on the Christmas tree and your flower on the second card is just gorgeous.
Debbie x

jan metcalf said...

Love the twine threaded through the flower! All so pretty!

chelinmiller said...

I love the bling xmas tree. I had to have it and bought the digikits straight away. Thank you for sharing your talent! Greetings from Beijing.

Jo Street said...

Hi Lucy, your cards are wonderful, however I have a question for you. I recently bought the swirly tree digikit from two peas, when I try to copy it into word or serif page plus, I get a grey background which for the life of me I cannot get rid of, tried everything and now tearing my hair out. can you help?
Jo x

Ida said...

Gorgeous cards.