Wednesday 31 March 2010

Lucy's Cards - Challenge 8 and Challenge 7 winners

OK, this photo makes me happy.
My mother grew and arranged all the flowers for my wedding.  She's amazing. Seriously amazing.  All that work and commitment.  And all those vintage teapots... (she loves china... and flowers...)
I took this photo the day before the wedding, just as she finished the final touches.  It's one of my favourite photos.
So the challenge:
Create a card inspired by this photo.
Your card can be any theme.
Link me to your blog post or photo using the Mister Linky box below.  Remember to link directly to the card.

Challenge closes: Sunday 11th April.
Hope you get a chance to enter.

And here are the winners of Challenge 7 (my husband helped me judge this one - too many fab entries)
                            1.  Joy
                            2.  Agata
                            3.  Katherine
I loved these 3 cards - and for such different reasons.  Joy - I really adore those trees - so striking and elegant against that polka paper.  Agata - wow.  Such a simple card with such impact.  And Katherine - how cute can a card BE???
And a couple of honourable mentions for:
Click on their names to check out their adorable creations.
1. Shirley
2. Clare
3. Tina
4. Tina
5. Therese
6. Lynn
7. Manoli Navarro
8. Victoria
9. Teri
10. Esme
11. Katie Tate
12. Ashley Cannon Newell
13. Pauline
14. Jennifer Styles
15. Trinh
16. Norma J
17. lisa a.
18. Helen Berry

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful photo.Makes me happy too.

Agata said...

Wow Lucy! This pic of wedding flowers is awesome! You've got a precious mom!!! And thanks for highlighting my card - youhou! Makes my day!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats to the winners! (and thanks for the HM-heehee) I still can't believe that little jumping sheep can bring me so much joy!What a great challenge! Love your inspiration photo!

Momiji said...

those flowers are just so beautiful ..looking forward to seeing what interpretations people come up with for the challenge..

pcm said...

gorgeous flowers. Can't believe that your mom GREW them too!

Kristina said...

Simply beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing!
~KristinaH

Alice said...

very pretty flower photo! i love the colors and wow! your mom grew and arranged that?? ahhh.... i would love to have it on my table, too! =) congrats to all winners and HM!!! gorgeous winning cards!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic showcase of cards and honorable mentions. Lovely photo inspiration

jaemom said...

Congrats to all winners & HM's! And wow, Lucy, I am in AWE that your mom NOT ONLY arranged the flowers, but she GREW THEM HERSELF?!?! Well, we can see that the artistic ability runs in the genes. :) Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

I am so impressed with your mom's talent, Lucy! Now we know where you got some of your creative genius!! :) I really hope I can play in your challenge this time, my friend! :)

Congrats to the challenge winners- LOVED each of those cards!!

Tina said...

This is really so, so sweet and you took such a great ohoto of it. I just submited two cards.

Katherine said...

Thank you so much Lucy for picking my card top 3. God bless.

Unknown said...

The bouquet is really beautiful.
Teri X